Thursday, January 28, 2010

MIRACLES STILL HAPPEN

Wow! It's amazing what happens when you set a goal and stick to it. Thanks to the Kendell family. They asked my family to come to their Christmas party to share our story. We explained what the cross-country bicycle trip was all about and sang a couple of songs (my wife is a fantastic singer). It was our kick-off (first) presentation of many that will come. As we spoke they secretly passed around a jar and SURPRISE they handed it to us at the end. It was full of money, $602.53 to be exact!!!

Last fall I invited two bicyclers (Van and Scott, that I had just met) to spend the night at my house. They were on a four-day overnight tour of northern Utah. A couple months later I received a surprise Christmas box in the mail. It was from them. The package contained a helmet, a couple of pannier bags, some tools, and a how to fix your bike manual (just from one night at my house they could tell I knew almost nothing about bicycle mechanics). I needed everything that they sent and I'm guessing it was all worth about $200!

There are a couple of other exciting things in the works. I will tell more about them when the details get all worked out.

Also thanks to my hero Matt C. He rode a bicycle across the country in 2008. I was so inspired by his adventure that I decided I wanted to do the same thing. His great advice and wisdom has been invaluable to me.

Thanks to all that have gone on my website and donated to the Shriners Hospitals for Children, those that have set up speaking engagements for us, and for all the moral support too (I wish I could list everyone but I know God will bless you for it).

I can't wait until this snow melts so I can start some serious training! It's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: